- Yoxel Sync package is
- You (Salesforce admin) have the
package license (use the 'Manage
Licenses' link to assign
1. In Salesforce Setup, on the 'Install Packages' page find Yoxel Sync and click 'Configure':
2. You will be taken to the Yoxel Sync setup page. Go to the 'Sync templates' menu:
3. Then click '+ Create new template' to select a type of sync you want to configure (Office 365, MS Exchange, G Suite):
4. Now start configuring your new template, i.e. Office 365. The first step is choosing a Salesforce authorization mode. To use the admin level authorizations you need to prepare additional configurations:
5. Scroll down and choose an authorization mode for the mailbox connections. If you choose 'self-authorizations' mode for your users you want to list allowed email domains and can move further.
Note: Your Office 365 admin should be available to authorize in the admin mode.
Note: to sync G Suite emails you need to activate the admin level authorization mode. Prepare a service account key file first: Setting up G Suite service account
MS Exchange authorization settings will require entering an EWS url:
- Check your current Outlook account
settings: Account Settings->[choose
Connection tab]->Exchange Proxy
Settings. For Mac Users, try the Outlook
Admin mode: Your MS Exchange admin should prepare a special service login with impersonation permissions.
6. Scroll further down to the Email sync settings.
Note: For the G Suite sync this is available only in the the admin level authorization mode.
- Emails can be logged to a standard Salesforce object like Opportunity or Case, or any custom object.
- Specify all your email domains so that the sync could exclude internal email communications.
- Specify any additional exclude rules if want to make sure certain categories of emails are never logged to Salesforce.
7. Scroll down to the Calendar sync settings.
- Chose the sync direction.
- Specify time range.
- Specify all your email domains so that the sync could distinguish between internal and external attendees.
- Events can be related to a standard Salesforce object like Opportunity or Case, or any custom object.
- Either all Salesforce user events can be synced or only those satisfying one additional field/value filter.
- You can also define default field values for new events syncing to Salesforce.
- Either all mailbox events can be synced or only meetings
8. Scroll further down to the Contacts sync settings
- Choose the sync direction.
- Choose which Salesforce events need to be synced.
- Specify if any default field values should be set for new contacts syncing to Salesforce.
- Either all Outlook/Gmail contacts can be synced or those from specific categories/groups
9. Scroll down to Add users. Specify users that the sync should be activated for.
Note: Your first template is also your 'default' template meaning that it applies for any new licensed user by default. Other templates can specify their own new user activation rules.
10. Click SAVE to publish the template and activate it for the specified users. When the 'self-authorization' mode is used user still have to visit their Yoxel Sync page to provide authorizations to complete the sync activation.
11. 2nd, 3rd, and other additional templates will show the user assignment form. Use it to specify user record attributes for automatic assignment of the template.
12. Your template can now be found on the templates page: