Yoxel templates allow administrators to setup team wide sync configurations. Multiple templates can be configured to support groups of users with different sync requirements. With the templates in place new users just have to authorize Yoxel to access their Teamwork and Outlook accounts, all sync rules will be pre-configured for them automatically.
Accessing Yoxel templates
Templates are accessible only by Yoxel administrators. To access Yoxel templates navigate to the Yoxel tab and click the template icon:
Yoxel allows administrators to setup multiple templates. To create additional templates please select the "Create template" option in the template dropdown.
Teamwork service setup
Once in the template setup wizard the Template service is automatically pre-populated based on the current Salesforce company profile.
Administrators need to expand the Template service and select if they would like users to sync Calendar and/or Tasks. Make sure that the Teamwork service is set to Active.
“Lock user settings” option will lock user-level service settings. Users will not be able to change the sync rules. For example, if an administrator enabled Yoxel to sync only calendars and locks Teamwork service, a user will not be able to start task or contact synchronization.
Outlook service setup
To setup the Outlook service, administrators need to:
1. Choose MS Exchange in the “Add service” drop down menu.
2. Specify how the Outlook service should be named in the Yoxel app instance by entering the name in the "Display name" field.
3. Specify Outlook domains that users use. Only the users with emails from these domains will be allowed to use the service.
4. Add EWS service URL (the EWS URL should start with “https://”.) Yoxel supports the MS Exchange starting with 2007.
- To locate the right EWS URL try one of the following steps:
- Check your current Outlook account settings: Account Settings->[choose account]->More Settings->[select Connection tab]->Exchange Proxy Settings. For Mac Users, try the Outlook Preferences-->Accounts-->[choose account]--->Advanced
- Check Exchange provider's documentation. Often it will mention the EWS url when describing Entourage 2008 mail client configuration.
- For Rackspace hosted servers the url would be https://ews.mex02.emailsrvr.com. You may also see a URL that ends in '/ews/exchange.asmx'. For Rackspace users this is usually https://ews.mex02.emailsrvr.com/ews/exchange.asmx
- If you don't know your EWS URL try the URL you use for webmail login.
- Open a separate browser window. Paste the EWS URL into the navigation window. If the URL does not end in '/ews/exchange.asmx,' add the '/ews/exchange.asmx' suffix to the server part, i.e. Rackspace users would paste/type https://ews.mex02.emailsrvr.com/ews/exchange.asmx
- If the EWS service is provided by your server you'll see an authentication box pop up in your browser. Use that box to test your username and password. Usually your username will be your email and if that does not work try your windows style 'DOMAIN\username' username. Upon successful login you'll get a page full of xml. Please fill Outlook service form using the username and password you used here.
- In Yoxel simply specify the server part of the url https://<server-name> (Yoxel appends /ews/exchange.asmx under the hood).
5: Choose how Yoxel should connect to Outlook accounts. Admins have an option to have all users individually authorize Yoxel to access their Outlook accounts, using the “User entered login and password” option. Note that each time a user's MS Exchange password is changed, they will have to update the Outlook password in the Yoxel app as well.
The other option, “'Service login' credentials” can be used to enter a special MS Exchange service login capable of impersonating other MS Exchange users. This allows Yoxel to access user mailboxes without user level credentials (username/password). With this option, the requirement to update the expired Exchange passwords in Yoxel is eliminated.
6: To finalize the Outlook service setup administrators need to select if they would like their users to sync Calendar and/or Tasks. “Lock user settings” option will lock user-level service settings. Users won't be able to change the sync rules. For example, if an administrator enabled Yoxel to sync only calendars and locks Outlook service, a user will not be able to start task or contact synchronization.
The next step is to save changes by clicking the Save button and to proceed to setting up the sync rules by clicking Go to step 2 > button.
Sync rules setup
Administrators can setup each sync rule
After you are done with the sync rule setup publish the template by clicking on the "Publish template" button.