- Yoxel Sync package is installed.
- You (Salesforce admin) have the package license (use the 'Manage Licenses' link to assign one).
1. In Salesforce Setup, on the 'Install Packages' page find Yoxel Sync and click 'Configure':
2. A popup window will open and take you to the Sync setup wizard:
3. Choose a type of sync you want to configure (Office 365, MS Exchange, G Suite) and give this configuration template a name. Then click NEXT.
4. On the 'Authorization settings' step choose authorization modes for your Salesforce and mailbox connections. If you choose 'self-authorizations' mode for your users you want to list allowed email domains and can move to the next step.
Note: to sync G Suite emails you need to activate the admin level authorization mode.
5. To use admin level authorizations for Salesforce, G Suite, Office 365, MS Exchange you need to prepare other configurations:
- Salesforce: Activating admin approved pre-authorizations mode
- Setting up G Suite service account
- Office 365: Your Office 365 admin should be available to authorize this.
- Your MS Exchange admin should prepare special service login with impersonation permissions
6. Next step 'Sync settings' shows 4 sections for the four syncs that you can configure:
- Email sync
- Calendar sync
- Contacts sync
- Tasks sync
Use 'Active' toggle to activate/deactivate any of the syncs.
Note: G Suite email sync will be inactive if you have not chosen the admin auth mode in the previous page.
7. Email sync settings. Specify all your internal domains and exclude rules if want to make sure certain categories of emails are never logged to Salesforce.
8. Calendar sync settings. Choose a desired sync direction, time range, and list all your internal domains.
9. Contacts sync settings. Choose a desired sync direction and contact selection modes: sync all, sync mine, ...
Note: If you need to implement more specific contact selection rules for Salesforce contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Task sync settings. Choose a desired sync direction and task selection modes.
11. Next step 'Users' will allow you to assign the current configuration to users. Find specific Salesforce users and add them to the 'Selected users' list. Clicking 'ACTIVATE' button will assign the current configuration to them.
12. When setting up an additional template (non-default one) you can also specify auto assignment criteria for newly onboarding users.
13. Click 'ACTIVATE' to finish the template setup and you will be taken back to the main page from where you can choose to add another template or examine existing sync users.